American Truck Driver Salary per Month 2023

All salary and pay data shown here are gross salary figures, which represent earnings before taxes. This is because taxes vary by sector and location, it is impossible to establish the net salary after tax for any career.

A Truck Driver in the United States normally earns roughly 29,700 USD. Salaries range from 15,700 USD to 45,100 USD (the lowest). American truck driver salary range, median salary, maximum and minimum income, minimum wage, starting salary

Except as otherwise specified, all salary statistics shown here are per year. Starting Salary, Salary Range, Minimum Wage, and American truck driver salary per month. Truck Driver salaries in the United States range from 15,700 USD (beginning income) to 45,100 USD (highest salary). 

It should be emphasised that the stated value does not represent the legally mandated minimum wage; rather, it is the lowest figure recorded in a paid survey of thousands of participants and professionals from all parts of the country.

Important Parameters Contribute to American Truck Driver Salary

1. Average Salary

With a typical pay of 26,700 USD, half of Truck Driver professionals in the United States make less, and the other half earn more. The median wage is the average of all salaries. 

You should ideally be in the group earning more than the median wage, which is shown on the right side of the pay distribution graph.

2. Salary Scales and Percentiles

The median is related to two other values known as the 25th and 75th percentiles. According to the pay distribution table, 25% of professionals employed as Truck Drivers in the United States earn less than 22,300 USD, while 75% earn more. 

Similarly, the data demonstrates that 75% earn less than $30,300 USD, while the remaining 25% earn more.

3. Structure of the Pay Scale

We classified regularly occurring wages into distinct categories to provide a better idea of predicted pay. When compared to merely computing the average, this method provides a more precise picture of wage distribution for the job title Truck Driver in the United States. 

The majority of reported salaries, around 65%, fell between 17,500 and 23,800 USD. Around 20% of wages are less than 17,500 USD, whereas 10% are between 23,800 and 26,600 USD. Only 5% of people earn more than $26,600 USD every year.

4. Salary Variation

This is the typical pay, which includes accommodation, transportation, and other perks. Truck driver pay in the United States varies greatly depending on experience, skills, gender, and location. Below is a detailed breakdown based on a variety of parameters.

The most essential criterion in determining remuneration is the amount of experience. Naturally, the bigger the wage, the more years of experience. This is what we discovered after breaking down truck driver pay by experience level.

Except as otherwise specified, all American truck driver salary statistics shown here are per year. Employees with less than two years of experience earn around 18,100 USD per year.

Someone with two to five years of experience is predicted to make 22,200 USD, which is 23% more than someone with less than two years of experience.

Moving forward, someone with five to ten years of experience earns $31,400 USD, 42% more than someone with two to five years of experience.

Furthermore, professionals with ten to fifteen years of experience earn 36,700 USD a year, 17% more than those with five to ten years of experience.

If you have fifteen to twenty years of experience, you can expect to earn $40,400 USD, which is 10% more than someone with ten to fifteen years of experience.

Final Thoughts

Individuals with more than twenty years of professional experience earn 42,700 USD per year, which is 6% more than those with fifteen to twenty years of experience.

Read more: Old is Golds